Human Resources Business Partner
Position located in Rochester, MN
Responsibilities of the Human Resources Business Partner:
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, development, and succession planning.
- Develops business acumen by understanding our core business and how each role in the company contributes to our success.
- Provides strategic business partnership and coaching to people managers to positively impact the motivation, development, engagement, and retention of talent.
- Serves as a resource and guide to employees at all levels of the organization to help them be at their best through positive employee relations. Provides expertise on policy questions and problems relating to HR functions.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, selection and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; consults with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings to help attract the right candidates.
- Sets the tone for new employees by facilitating onboarding, recognition, and engagement programs.
- Provides guidance and creative resolution to Employee Relations situations and disciplinary matters, including disputes and investigations; performance, productivity, and morale.
- Facilitates talent assessment and actively identifies gaps or opportunities to drive employee development and engagement that enables organizational readiness for growth.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that support internal career pathing for employees.
- Provides day-to-day performance management to managers.
- Serves as key liaison between Imanis and Insperity, our external Human Resources partner, to ensure that policies, programs, and practices are timely and accurately executed.
- Collaborates with leadership and Insperity to design and execute human resource programs such as compensation, benefits, and leaves of absence.
- Serves as HR and employment law consultant to the business.
- Identifies cost-effective solutions to address business needs, such as utilization of vendors, software or other digital intellectual property in support of Human Resources functions.
- Leverages data to create insights about organizational health and recommends proactive solutions to workplace challenges, such as unwanted turnover, talent readiness gaps or retention priorities.
- Promotes our values and culture through professional interactions with employees and leaders.
- In partnership with Insperity, maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Leads and/or participates in committees that support the culture and employee engagement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Human Resources Business Partner:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible and expansive human resource experience required.
- Experience working in Biotech, MedTech or Professional Services strongly preferred.
- SPHR/PHR or SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP certification preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional time management skills with a bias toward action and outcomes.
- Acts with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion when managing complex or highly sensitive situations.
- Strong knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations and ability to apply them in this environment.
- Ability to establish credibility and trust with leaders and employees across all levels of the organization.
- Outstanding relationship building skills.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Working knowledge of and experience across multiple Human Resources disciplines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Experience in talent acquisition, retention, development, and succession planning.
- Experience in employee performance management.
- Experience in Creating learning and development programs.
- Strong knowledge in compliance with federal, MN state, and local employment laws and regulations.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.