Responsibilities of the Lab Manager:
- Oversight of the purchasing function including optimization of the procurement processes and coordination of material and resources allocation.
- Strategic and tactical lead for short-term and long-term infrastructure development and other capital projects for supporting company growth, including lab and office design and construction.
- Build and maintain operations and facilities budget and forecasting, and oversee purchasing, staffing, contract negotiations and vendor management.
- Ensure service contracts and robust laboratory management programs are in place to support continued growth.
Requirements of the Lab Manager:
- BS or MS degree and 3+ years lab management experience within the life science industry.
- Demonstrated experience setting and implementing short and long-term infrastructure strategies.
- Experience with budget management and contract negotiation, vendor management and software to facilitate purchasing.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.