Application Scientist, Automation
Responsibilities of the Application Scientist, Automation:
- Develop complex protocols on automated laboratory instruments and robotic movement devices in applications including NGS and general-purpose liquid handling.
- Assess customer requests for proposals and design the optimal technical solution in conjunction with sales management including protocol/throughput scaling, instrument specification and system layout review.
- Lab Automation Experience including liquid handling, Liquid Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry, nucleic acid extractions and general molecular biology laboratory techniques and including experience troubleshooting automation software and/or hardware.
Requirements of the Application Scientist, Automation:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biology, Genomics, Biomedical Engineering, or a related field.
- Understanding of Genomics, NGS, and General-Purpose liquid handling required.
- 3+ years experience with automated lab instruments in a high throughput screening, compound management, secondary screening, high content biology, genomics/NGS, cell culture or research automation setting.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.