Responsibilities of the Laboratory Manager:
- Maintain institutional protocols for lab space, experiments, and animal work.
- Assess, set-up, locate, re-locate, and maintain current and new laboratory equipment, and maintain usage calendars associated with said equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Develop and maintain lab infrastructure.
- Set up and maintain inventories of supplies and reagents that are shared across different projects in the lab.
- Communicate with bench scientists regarding logistical and administrative issues in the lab, sometimes by presenting at group meeting.
- Anticipate, troubleshoot, and resolve problems associated with work within the laboratory setting, including occasional off-hours response to laboratory emergencies.
- Track, pack, ship, and maintain records regarding the transfer of intellectual property/biological materials to collaborators.
Requirements of the Laboratory Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree or above and 3+ years management experience in a laboratory setting.
- Familiarity with basic molecular biology, sterile, and cell culture techniques; animal model research, including protocols; and the operation of standard lab equipment.
- Excellent knowledge of computers and experience with databases required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of staff and with external contacts in a fast paced and demanding environment.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.