Lead Statistical Geneticist
Responsibilities of the Lead Statistical Geneticist:
- Researching, adapting, and implementing cutting edge analytical and statistical genetics approaches for analyses and interpretation of proprietary and publicly available genomic data.
- Identifying and developing new strategic statistical genetics initiatives to meet group and company goals.
- Developing and documenting statistical and computational genomics analysis plans to interrogate whole-exome and whole-genome.
- Conducting robust statistical and computational genomics analyses, for common and rare variants, genome-wide epigenetic association studies, and integrative genomic studies that incorporate sequence and expression data, analysis of RNAseq data for calculating eQTLs and differential gene expression.
- Curation of new public and proprietary genomic data, including rigorous examination of batch effects.
- Providing genetics and genomics insight into target identification, nomination and validation packages in collaboration with wet lab biologists and clinical scientists to leverage genetic findings in the design of functional validation and clinical trials.
- Some supervisory experience of interns, contractors, and vendor management.
Requirements of the Lead Statistical Geneticist:
- Ph.D. in Statistical Genetics, Statistics, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, or related area.
- Must have 5+ years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze next generation sequencing data, with a particular focus on whole genome and/or whole exome sequencing data in large populations.
- Proficiency in programming in Python, R, and Linux.
- Deep understanding of probabilistic modeling, statistics, data structures, classic genomic algorithms such as sequence alignment and variant calling algorithms.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.