Liquid Handling Automation Engineer
- Develop complex protocols on automated laboratory instruments and robotic movement devices in applications including NGS and general-purpose liquid handling.
- Assess customer requests for proposals and design the optimal technical solution in conjunction with sales management including protocol/throughput scaling, instrument specification and system layout review.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of scientist to create process diagrams, system requirements, technical specifications and engineering drawings.
- Provide hands-on training to end-users across an array of various liquid handling platforms.
- Perform preventative maintenance, repair and troubleshoot automated systems.
- Author, execute and document test plans and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for automated workflows.
- Coordinate with different cross functional team members and execute projects in a timely manner.
Requirements of the Liquid Handling Automation Engineer:
- BS or MS in biology, engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 4 year’s experience working in laboratory automation.
- Experience in both writing and optimizing scripts on automated liquid handling platforms (e.g., Hamilton, Tecan, Beckman, etc.,).
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.