Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Associate:
- Will perform plasmid production from 25ug-10mg scale.
- Perform primer design and cloning.
- Running routine analytical methods.
- Maintaining a neat and orderly laboratory workspace.
- Adherence to laboratory health and safety practices.
- Drafting of laboratory protocols for production activities.
- Some opportunities for process development.
- Must be comfortable with routine/repetitive work.
Requirements of the Manufacturing Associate:
- BS or 2+ years relevant experience.
- Molecular cloning methods including restriction enzyme, Golden Gate, Gibson Assembly, USER.
- Construct and primer design in Benchling and/or Geneious.
- Experience with plasmid extractions.
- Basic analytical techniques such as gel electrophoresis and sequencing.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K Match
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.