R&D Materials Scientist
Position located in Medway, MA
Responsibilities of the R&D Materials Scientist:
- R&D group seeks a materials scientist to execute testing and analysis of materials and chemicals.
- Duties will require thermal testing, tensile strength, and thin film processing.
- Weighing, mixing, and gelling/curing formulated compositions.
- Evaluates novel technologies and materials, including refrigerant gels, thermal insulation, and packaging films.
- Write reports, papers, and/or patents as appropriate.
- Maintains a detailed laboratory notebook analyzes raw data using statistics as well as applying more complex software-assisted analysis.
Requirements of the R&D Materials Scientist:
- BS, MS, or PhD in materials science, chemistry, or a similar field of study.
- 3-10 years of lab-based experience (industrial R&D experience preferred) and hands-on skills of analytical techniques.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety best practices preferably experience with equipment calibration/ maintenance and disposal of chemicals.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.