Responsibilities of the Medical Technologist:
- Perform routine testing, quality control, calibration, maintenance, and proficiency testing in accordance with clinical laboratory procedures.
- Utilize liquid handling equipment for NGS library preparation.
- Maintain clinical laboratory documentation.
- Assist with the accessioning of received samples into our Laboratory Information Management System, as needed.
- Take corrective action if quality control results are not within acceptable limits.
- Inform the General Supervisor and/or Technical Supervisor of any problem or issue that affects the reporting of test results.
- Document all corrective action taken as indicated in established clinical laboratory procedures.
- Perform routine review of all clinical laboratory procedures, and update procedures when necessary.
- Oversee inventory and ordering of clinical laboratory supplies.
- Document any problems, issues, and/or information that may be necessary for other testing personnel to be aware of in a Communication Log.
- Assist in other clinical laboratory duties, as necessary.
Requirements of the Medical Technologist:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in one of the chemical, physical, or biological sciences (with ASCP Certification strongly preferred).
- Expertise in a variety of molecular biology techniques, with at least 1 year of experience working in a molecular biology clinical laboratory (or other setting relevant to patient testing).
- Strong familiarity with high-throughput automation.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.