Requirements of the Medicinal Chemist:
- Ph.D. in synthetic/medicinal chemistry with 8+ years of research experience in an industrial setting managing a team of professional chemists, including contract research chemists.
- Must have demonstrated track record of successfully moving drug discovery programs through a full life cycle from screening through development to clinical candidate as project/chemistry team leader.
- Demonstrated leadership by implementing medicinal chemistry strategies across all stages of drug discovery from hit identification, through lead optimization to clinical candidate selection.
- Deep experience leading multi-disciplinary teams and utilizing cross-functional data to drive drug discovery strategies in a matrix organization environment.
- Strong experience in oncology and/or cardiovascular drug discovery preferred.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.