Job ID: #9377
New York, NY
Research & Development
Position located in New York, NY
Responsibilities of the Medicinal Chemist:
- Working with computational biologists and drug discovery scientists on advancing and expanding portfolio of drug discovery programs.
- Support the medicinal chemistry aspects of hit-to-lead for Center projects
- Independently plan, manage and perform experiments.
- Develop project proposals, timelines, and resource needs.
- Monitor milestones and ensure deliverables are completed on time
- Collect and analyze experimental data and identify next steps based on outcomes
Requirements of the Medicinal Chemist:
- PhD in Medicinal Chemistry or related synthetic organic chemistry, 10+ years industry experience.
- Broad and proven experience in one or more therapeutic area in medicinal chemistry.
- Expert knowledge of modern methods of synthetic and medicinal chemistry with ability to conduct medicinal chemistry successfully and simultaneously on multiple projects is beneficial.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with computational chemistry methods and biophysical techniques.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.