Responsibilities of the Operations Manager:
- Work directly under COO and oversee all operational aspects of the company.
- Manage manufacturing process of lab.
- Inventory management and forecasting.
- Creation, implementation, and revision of SOPs for laboratory management activities.
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Aid in recruitment, management, and training of employees.
- Office management — IT hardware setup and maintenance in coordination with contractors, information management, travel coordination, etc.
- Assist in chemistry production team as necessary and helping with QC.
Requirements of the Operations Manager:
- BS/MS in life science discipline, preferably with chemistry focus.
- Knowledge of organic and manufacturing or production chemistry is strongly preferred.
- Direct laboratory/facilities management experience in a chemical, pharmaceutical, biotechnology or academic laboratory setting.
- You have a working knowledge of OSHA and state regulations regarding EH&S matters.
- You have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with oligonucleotides is helpful.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.