Principal Downstream Process Development Engineer
Responsibilities of the Principal Downstream Process Development Engineer:
- Design, analyze, and optimize critical product recovery unit operations associated with Manus Bio’s unique fermentation process.
- Utilize a variety of relevant techniques and unit operations (centrifugation, filtration, evaporation, crystallization, distillation, etc.) in developing cost effective separation processes to recover products from complex fermentation broth.
- Contribute to the scale up activities and prepare tech transfer related documents (e.g. process description, process flow diagram, etc.)
- Develop kinetic models for relevant chemistries occurring in various unit operations – from designed to unexpected (but observed) chemistries.
- Propose the integration of 21 st century technologies and unit operations not currently existing at our facility.
- Contribute to the design of novel unit operations technologies made possible by recent advances in science and engineering.
- Contribute to the company’s intellectual property (IP) portfolio and assist on preparation of patent applications.
- Analyze, write up, and present experimental results to others in the company to expedite the development of our integrated product development in a collaborative team environment.
Requirements of the Principal Downstream Process Development Engineer:
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering/Chemistry or a related discipline with 10 or more years of postdoctoral or industrial experience in a research and development environment.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in equilibrium separations, particularly fractionation; experience with key downstream unit operations such as centrifugation, filtration, evaporation, crystallization, etc.
- Experience with downstream process scale-up for commercial manufacturing.
- Familiarity in Process / Utility Flow diagrams (PFD/UFD), Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs), and Equipment / Instrument specifications is a plus.
- Good understanding of analytical techniques (GC/LC) and fermentation bioprocess is highly desirable.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.