Principal Research Associate, PCR
Responsibilities of the Principal Research Associate, PCR:
- Manage a small team of research associates, including cross-training personnel on assays, as required, and providing guidance to team members.
- Develop and optimize quantitative real-time PCR assays. Perform initial method qualifications.
- Develop and optimize cell-based assays with ddPCR readout. Perform initial method qualifications.
- Author and review test methods, technical reports, and supporting procedures.
- Work collaboratively with research to transfer assays into AD.
- Collaborate with Process Development to generate data to support formulation studies, stability studies, and characterization of nuclease protein and guide RNA /protein complexes.
- Support testing of reference standards, lead stability samples, forced degradation samples, toxicology lots, non-human use (NHU) engineering runs, and clinical manufacturing runs.
- Document all experimental work, supporting information, and data in an electronic lab notebook (eLN) in a timely manner. Ensure direct reports complete eLN entries in a timely manner.
- Assist in the technical transfer of assays to Quality Control or central testing laboratories, including providing technical support for assay qualification and validation efforts.
- Support the preparation of regulatory filings, such as INDs, by providing technical information on analytical methods.
Requirements of the Principal Research Associate, PCR:
- Bachelor’s in a life science discipline such as Biological Sciences, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or Biomedical Engineering with 8+ years of relevantanalytical development, technical transfer, and quality control experience or a Master’s with 4+ years of experience.
- 3+ years experience with developing molecular assays, including quantitative real-time PCR assays and droplet digital PCR (ddPCR) assays.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask, problem-solve, prioritize assignments, and adjust priorities to meet goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.
Commonwealth Sciences, Inc.