Principal Scientist, AAV
Responsibilities of the Principal Scientist, AAV:
- Guide and support the AAV, adenovirus, and lentivirus production & process development.
- Support a core function of the team to produce, characterize, and optimize viral candidates.
- Screen virus designs to identify compatibility with gene integration technology and drug targets in collaboration with the platform team.
- Establish and implement a toolset to support viral process development. This will include high throughput screening technologies and mixing systems for robust scale up to clinical production.
- Drive fundamental improvement of viral synthesis understanding towards enhancements and simplification of viral formation.
- Drive the selection, tech transfer, and coordination of contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) for GxP material supply.
- Support the writing of protocols and technical reports to support drug product clinical development.
- Demonstrated understanding of the current therapeutic discovery, and process development, especially in gene therapy, gene editing, mRNA, RNAi, or antisense.
- Support the interactions across the company on behalf of the team to ensure alignment of the team’s activity with company priorities.
- Lead preclinical therapeutic development programs in cells and into animal studies.
Requirements of the Principal Scientist, AAV:
- PhD with specialization in Genome Editing, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Molecular Biology or related scientific discipline.
- Previous people leadership experience.
- In-depth technical understanding and experience in upstream process development and manufacturing for viral vectors or biologics. A proven track record of viral cell culture development is strongly preferred.
- A proven scientific leader with 5+ years of industry experience in preclinical candidate development focused on genetic disease.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.