Principal Scientist, Computational Genomics
Responsibilities of the Principal Scientist, Computational Genomics:
- Lead computational team in discovery and analytics.
- Optimize existing and develop new quantitative analysis.
- Screen though genomics and proteomic data sets.
- Operate as expert subject matter to company and report to CSO.
- Develop and engineer software to adapt to company data.
Requirements of the Principal Scientist, Computational Genomics:
- PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics, or related discipline.
- Experience with Python, R, and other standard programming languages.
- Scientific knowledge of genomics, proteomics, metagenomics, and enzyme functionality.
- Previous experience developing computational quantitative analysis in an industry setting.
- Prior experience with direct reports is helpful, but not required.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.