Principal Scientist, Gene Editing
Responsibilities of the Principal Scientist, Gene Editing:
- Lead the early scientific team to engineer novel gene editing technologies as therapeutic candidates.
- Lead preclinical therapeutic development programs in cells and into animal studies.
- Oversee disease model and analytical assay development.
- Build a team of all-star scientists.
- Will be deeply involved with founders and executive team in building out company’s research development plan and strategy.
- Will be involved with developing core IP around early research work.
Requirements of the Principal Scientist, Gene Editing:
- PhD with specialization in Genome Editing, Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology or related scientific discipline.
- Previous people leadership experience.
- A proven scientific leader with 5+ years of industry experience in preclinical candidate development focused on genetic disease.
- Direct industry experience in gene therapy or gene editing technologies.
- Experience in Synthetic Biology, Cell Biology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Systems Biology, Immunology, or related field.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.