Principal Scientist, Protein Production & Structure
Responsibilities of the Principal Scientist, Protein Production & Structure:
- Lead protein expression and purification experiments to support drug discovery programs.
- Perform hands-on protein crystallization trials and crystal harvesting.
- Manage outside partners and CROs for protein production.
- Perform biophysical techniques and optimize protein production.
- Contribute to the generation of new experiments, techniques and collaborate with scientists on scientific literature.
- Manage and train junior associates.
Requirements of the Principal Scientist, Protein Production & Structure:
- B.S. or M.S. in a biological or chemical field with 8+ years or Ph.D with 4+ years of relevant experience in recombinant protein production and structural biology. Industry experience is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in protein production (bacterial, insect, yeast and mammalian cells.
- Experience in protein characterization with various biochemical and biophysical techniques (DSF, SPR, FP).
- Prior experience managing outside CROs is highly desired.
- Must have experience leading, training, or mentoring junior lab members.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.