Principal Scientist, Protein Sciences
Responsibilities of the Principal Scientist, Protein Sciences:
- Oversee a robust gene-to-protein production system for antibodies and other soluble reagent proteins that spans molecular biology, mammalian cell culture and transfection, and protein purification and analytics; oversee production and purification of proteins from other expression systems (bacterial, yeast) as needed.
- Develop and oversee the execution of assays for protein characterization including SDS-PAGE, SEC, DSF, Octet and endotoxin analysis, etc.
- Design and manage CRO activities for protein production and analytics as needed; contribute to strategic decision making with respect to investment in internal platform capabilities vs. outsourced activities.
- Lead the development and implementation of new technologies, methods and/or workflows to improve efficiency and advance capabilities in the area of protein science.
Requirements of the Principal Scientist, Protein Sciences:
- PhD with 3+ years, BS/MS with 6+ years relevant experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry preferred.
- Expertise in producing recombinant proteins such as antibodies, fusion proteins, and other soluble proteins and antigens, with skills spanning mammalian cell culture, transfection, and protein purification (affinity, SEC, IEX, HIC chromatography); previous work with HEK and/or CHO cells required.
- Experience with bi-specific antibody production and characterization desired.
- Expertise in multiple biochemical and biophysical characterization methods related to protein science: SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, DSF, IEF, SPR or other biosensor methods, ELISA, etc.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.