Job ID: #9419
Principal Scientist/Scientist (RNA Synthesis)
Research & Development
Located in Cambridge, MA
Responsibilities of the Principal Associate Scientist/Scientist (RNA Synthesis):
- Synthesis, purification, and analysis of mRNAs and mRNA components.
- Chromatographic purification of mRNA to be used in research and pre-clinical evaluation.
- Write, review, and approve protocols, SOPs, technical documents, and reports for mRNA manufacturing.
- Independently plan and execute experiments and perform data analysis and interpretation.
- Deliver reproducible and impactful results in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain thorough electronic lab notebooks and documentation records and present findings to multi-disciplinary teams in various oral and written formats.
Requirements of the Principal Associate Scientist/Scientist (RNA Synthesis):
- BS or MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or closely related fields with 5+ years industry experience or a PHD with 0-3 years of experience.
- Expertise in in vitro transcription of RNA.
- Experience purifying (anion exchange, reversed phase, size exclusion chromatography and TFF) nucleic acids.
- Experience and/or working understanding of common techniques used to analyze oligonucleotides, such as HPLC/UPLC, UV/Fluor, CD, and LC-MS.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.