Principal Scientist, Small Molecule Drug Discovery
Responsibilities of the Principal Scientist, Small Molecule Drug Discovery:
- Lead the target drug discovery group for oncology therapeutics.
- Develop, enable and execute biochemical and biophysical assays and other experiments to characterize proteins and assess ligand/protein interactions.
- Work with in vitro and ex vivo experiments.
- Independently conceive and execute experimental strategies to enable studies on target biology and compound mechanism.
- Represent the company with external organizations.
Requirements of the Principal Scientist, Small Molecule Drug Discovery:
- Ph.D. in life science related discipline with 8+ years oncology drug discovery experience.
- Strong knowledge in biochemistry, biophysics, enzymology, cell and molecular biology.
- Prior experience in small molecule protein inhibitor studies.
- Experience leading previous independent project studies
- Innovative, generous team-player with enthusiasm for small company environment.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.