Principal Scientist – Translational Medicine
Responsibilities of the Principal Scientist – Translational Medicine:
- Identify rationales for combination therapies and investigate mechanisms of resistance.
- Using data from preclinical and human samples to identify biomarkers in patient samples including predictive, prognostic, diagnostic, pharmacodynamic, pharmacokinetic and others.
- Responsible for biomarker assays from conception and development to transferring, validation and monitoring at external labs.
- Provide translational strategies, data and tools to program teams.
- Organize and manage human and non-human tissue samples.
- Seek and establish contract with CRO, vendors and external collaborators to advance programs.
- Help create and setup translational infrastructure and workflow.
Requirements of the Principal Scientist – Translational Medicine:
- PhD with 5+ years or M.S. with 10+ years of industry experience.
- Worked with biomarkers in immuno-oncology or immunology in the biopharmaceutical setting.
- Implemented biomarker strategies into working assays at central labs, including analysis and interpretation of downstream data.
- Expertise in one of the following disciplines – pathology, bioinformatics, genomics.
- Experience working with human tissue and familiarity with tracking requirement.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.