Process Development Engineer
Responsibilities of the Process Development Engineer:
- Participate in the development of upstream production processes for AAV gene therapy vectors using mammalian cells lines or insect cells and recombinant baculoviruses.
- Assist with set up, maintenance and operation of large-scale single use stirred tank bioreactors (up to 200L scale) and harvest operations (depth filtration, tangential flow filtration).
- Support technology transfer to CMO and provide manufacturing oversight for GMP production.
- Effectively collaborate with a fully integrated team to facilitate the success of projects.
Requirements of the Process Development Engineer:
- BS or MS with 2+ years upstream process development experience.
- Experience and knowledge of biologics vector manufacturing.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K Match
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.