Responsibilities of the Project Manager:
- Ensure appropriate communication with all project stakeholders regarding status, deadlines, data requirements, logistics and all other project-related issues.
- Facilitates project meetings to continually align the team around goals and communicate blocking issues.
- Define, standardize, and generate regular reports for key external and internal stakeholders.
- Assist in developing project plans – ensuring that project needs have been clearly identified and translated into deliverables and timelines.
- Tracks progress of key milestones, ensuring execution of key deliverables.
- Manages changes in timelines, deliverables and budget as needed.
- Works closely with project leaders to establish quality criteria and monitor quality of projects.
Requirements of the Project Manager:
- B.S. with 4+ years or Master’s with 2+ years of project management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional collaborative teams to effectively manage and deliver on goals.
- Experience and familiarity with project management best practices.
- Experience with budgeting (tracking and forecasting).
- Ability to adapt plans and priorities to evolving goals.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.