Responsibilities of the Protein Scientist:
- Overseeing a protein production pipeline in support of collaborating scientists.
- Perform all stages of protein purification and analytics for soluble and membrane proteins as well as antibodies.
- Developing an automated pipeline using existing robotics equipment to streamline production and purification processes.
- Design and manage standard operating procedures and purification protocols; manage a small team to ensure proteins are produced to standard.
- Deliver protein preparations and data analysis packages to collaborating scientists on deadline.
- Producing proteins in different expression systems.
Requirements of the Protein Scientist:
- PhD in molecular biology/biochemistry/
immunology/cell biology or a related discipline or MS degree with 5+ years of relevant R&D experience.
- Extensive experience in protein purification using a variety of methods (e.g. affinity, SEC, IMAC, ion exchange, HIC, and hydroxyapatite chromatographies; ultrafiltration), instrumentation (FPLC, HPLC, AKTA) and software (e.g., Unicorn, Chemstation).
- Strong expertise in design, execution, and troubleshooting of purification processes.
- Strong expertise in characterization of protein preparations using SDS-PAGE, HPLC (SEC), MALS, DSF, SPR and endotoxin analysis.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.