Responsibilities of the Purchasing Manager:
- Responsible for purchasing laboratory equipment and maintaining vendor relationships.
- Research and evaluate procurement opportunities and prospective suppliers using solid industry expertise and relationships.
- Maintain current knowledge of product and service trends including new and discontinued equipment models, ability to service products, market pricing for new & used equipment models, parts pricing for refurbishment, contractor costs for refurbishment, and equipment/parts modularity as it affects pricing.
- Manage supplier relations and negotiate prices where applicable.
- Ensure all procured items meet required quality standards and specifications.
- Coordinate inventory control with team members to determine and manage inventory needs.
- Supply management with reports on customer demands, challenges, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products.
- Ownership of entire purchasing process from ascertaining industry demands to establishing relationships, following up on equipment sales, and soliciting post-sale feedback from customers to best understand needs and further sales opportunities.
- Continuously improve through feedback.
Requirements of the Purchasing Manager:
- BS/BS preferred.
- 5+ years proven purchasing laboratory equipment.
- Highly developed interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Expert level of Purchasing experience within biopharmaceutical, medical, or other industrial/technical industry.
- Strong sense of ambition, self-motivation and self-discipline.
- Willingness to work beyond normal business hours when necessary.
- Willingness to travel to meet customers/suppliers in-person.
- Strong attention to detail in a highly nuanced and niche industry.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.