Responsibilities of the QC Chemist:
- Performs routine analytical chemistry testing including HPLC, UPLC, UV, Particle Analysis and Dynamic Light Scattering.
- Supports special projects as assigned. May assist with Troubleshoots assay methods and equipment.
- Performs data entry and supports trending.
- Performs general laboratory support activities including reagent preparation, sample management, equipment maintenance, lab housekeeping etc.
- Supports authoring of SOPs, protocols and reports LIMS (LabVantage) sample result entry, execution of Electronic Assay Forms in LIMS.
- Perform HPLC and NaOH plate reader based assays in support of manufacturing process stat testing as needed.
- Managing/stocking of QC lab supplies.
- Write/revise SOPs, protocols and reports.
- Complete and maintain cGMP documentation for work performed.
- Participate in authoring quality systems records such as deviations, change controls, CAPA.
- Establish and maintain a safe laboratory working environment.
Requirements of the QC Chemist:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Minimum experience required: 0-2 years in a laboratory setting with focus in analytical chemistry.
- Minimum knowledge required: general laboratory operations (Pipette use, pH, reagent prep, etc.).
- Hands on experience with HPLC instrumentation and Software. Minimum skills required. Technical writing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs. Familiarity with electronic databases (e.g. LIMS, SAP, LMS).
- Paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K Match
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.