RA II – Mass Spectrometry
- Prepare proteomics samples for mass spectrometry analysis of peptides and post translational modifications to better understand proteomic response to drug treatment.
- Conduct protein and peptide fractionation and purification, enrichment of PTMs using affinity beads and antibody based approaches, enzymatic digestion of proteins and labeling of peptides with isobaric tagging reagents. Under guidance of the director, optimize and develop novel proteomics protocols as needed.
- Perform drug treatment of cells and cell lysates.
- Analyze tissues and body fluids for biomarker studies.
- After a sufficient period of time, being able to train others in proteomics sample preparation methodologies.
Requirements of the RA II – Mass Spectrometry:
- Master’s or PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology or related Biological Science.
- Must have Mass Spec experience and cell culture experience.
- May consider a BS Degree with strong Mass spec experience.
- Paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K Match
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.