RA/Sr. RA – Protein Purification
Responsibilities of the RA/Sr. RA – Protein Purification:
- Culturing and maintenance of established cell lines; transfection of DNA into cell lines for target protein expression.
- Demonstrated competency with standard protein purification strategies (e.g. protein A, Ni-NTA purification, on-column protease cleavage strategies).
- DNA purification as part of the protein expression work-flow; additional molecular biology experience (e.g. PCRs, molecular cloning) a plus.
- Protein analysis competency in areas of SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, ELISA binding assays.
- Operational familiarity with Akta chromatography systems and protein kinetics systems like the Octet a significant candidate advantage.
- Strict adherence to established standard protocols for reliable and consistent protein production.
- Performs experiments independently with careful attention to detail, accurately records procedure/data/results in a timely manner, notes and reports experiments/results that may be out of trend.
Requirements of the RA/Sr. RA – Protein Purification:
- BS degree with 3+ years or MS with 0-2 years of laboratory experience.
- Experience with mammalian cell cultures.
- Proficiency in mammalian protein expression systems, purification strategies, and protein analysis techniques.
- Experience expressing and purifying antibodies.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.