- Maintain and culture mammalian cell lines, perform transient transfection for gene expression production at a small or medium scale.
- Perform plasmid purification by miniprep and maxiprep.
- Process animal specimens for genomic DNA and RNA extraction.
- Characterize transgene expression in cells and animal tissues using different molecular techniques.
- Execute and troubleshoot standard protocols, adapt new protocols into practice.
- Maintain electronic laboratory notebooks, write study reports, and present data to the team.
- MS with 3+ years or BS with 5+ years academic or industry experience in cell and molecular biology.
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology techniques (RNA/DNA isolation, molecular cloning, plasmid purification, Western blotting, qPCR, ELISA).
- Ability to design and execute experiments, analyze and present the results.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.