Job ID: #9425
Research Assistant II (Animal Science)
Animal Science / In Vivo Research
Position located in Boston, MA
Responsibilities of the Research Assistant II (Animal Science):
- Mouse husbandry in isolators.
- Breakdown and setup of flexible film and semi-rigid isolators.
- Preparation of sterile supplies including food and bedding.
- Use of heavy facility equipment including autoclaves and cage washer.
- Management of mouse colonies; breeding various schemes, weaning, and timed mating.
- Maintaining transgenic mouse colonies; identification, mating, weaning, genotyping.
- Perform biological testing for quality control.
- Collecting of biological diagnostic samples (blood, feces, tissue) and mouse dissection: harvesting organs.
- Collection and maintenance of data; record keeping
- Ensure facility compliance with all local and federal animal use regulatory entities.
- Act as backup for other technicians, as needed, and performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Research Assistant II (Animal Science):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences, RVT or LAT certification or related field or equivalent ALAT, or LAT certification by the American Association for Lab Animal Science.
- Must have experience with managing a colony and performing manipulations (injections, tail biopsies, gavages, etc.
- Experience with gnotobiotics and germ-free mouse husbandry an asset.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.