Position located in Rochester, MN
Responsibilities of the Research Associate:
- Contribute to the development, trouble-shooting, and validation of new cell-based assays to use for virus characterization.
- Engineer cell lines to express desired targets or reporters.
- Characterize the expression levels of target receptors on cells using flow cytometry.
- QC and maintain master cell banks.
- Collect, analyze, and present scientific data to the research team.
- The candidate will perform independent experimental research but will work in close collaboration with the rest of the scientific team in a highly cross-functional and project-oriented environment.
Requirements of the Research Associate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or a related field plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience OR a Master’s degree in Virology, Cell Biology, or a related field plus a minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience.
- High level of proficiency in the culture of established tumor-cell lines, including both adherent and suspension cell cultures.
- Previous experience performing cell-based assays.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new laboratory techniques quickly.
- Track record of successfully working independently to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task on multiple projects.
- Experience with fluorescence microscopy.
- Demonstrated ability to record and analyze data.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.