Research Associate, Biochemistry
Responsibilities of the Research Associate, Biochemistry:
- Design and execution of biochemical assays to measure enzymatic activity and/or binding interactions.
- Design and execution of biophysical assays to directly assess compound binding.
- Investigation of molecular mechanism of selected small molecule inhibitors.
- Maintain a detailed laboratory notebook (ELN) with methodology and data analysis.
- Work closely with colleagues from multiple disciplines (e.g. Cell Biology, Medicinal Chemistry, etc.).
Requirements of the Research Associate, Biochemistry:
- B.S./M.S. in biochemistry or a related field with 1-3 years of applicable research experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with multiple biochemical and biophysical methods (e.g. fluorescence spectroscopy, SPR, DSF).
- An understanding of binding affinities and enzyme kinetics.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.