Research Associate, Cancer Cell Biology
Responsibilities of the Research Associate, Cancer Cell Biology:
- Conduct in vitro cell based assays for small molecule oncology drug development.
- Maintain and develop mammalian cell lines.
- Support research efforts for target identification, target validation, drug screening, hit confirmation, and mechanism of action studies.
- Utilize molecular biology and gene editing techniques such as PCR and CRISPR.
- Analyze data and troubleshoot experiments.
- Report to Senior Scientist.
Requirements of the Research Associate, Cancer Cell Biology:
- BS/MS in life science related discipline with 2+ year’s laboratory experience.
- Must have experience with mammalian cell culture, cell-based assays, and molecular biology.
- Experience with gene editing such as CRISPR, knock out/knock in techniques is helpful.
- Strong plus for candidate’s that have previous experience working in oncology environment or previous exposure with small molecule therapeutics.
- Must be ok working in small startup environment.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.