Research Associate, Cell-Based & Biochemical Assay Development
Responsibilities of the Research Associate, Cell-Based & Biochemical Assay Development:
- Develop, validate, and implement assays for lead characterization while meeting project timelines.
- Communicate strategies, results, and conclusions effectively and with scientific rigor to team members from a wide range of fields of expertise (experimental and computational biology, chemical biology, medicinal chemistry, etc.) to ensure smooth assay implementation.
- Capture assay development protocols and experimental results in electronic databases and independently analyze experimental data.
- Take part in evaluation of new technologies, reagents, and assay procedures.
- Ensure that assay development meets critical project timelines and needs.
- Advise others on technical issues relevant to areas of expertise.
Requirements of the Research Associate, Cell-Based & Biochemical Assay Development:
- BS in biology or related field with >2 years of experience or MS in biology or a related field with 0-2 years of experience in drug discovery with a focus on assay development, particularly cell based assays, and execution for the quantitation of compound effects.
- Excellent cell culture skills.
- Experience with a broad range of assay technologies for cell-based and biochemical applications (e.g. cloning, CRISPR/Cas9, lentiviral work to generate stable cell models, Western blot, immunoprecipitation, ELISA, AlphaLISA, BRET, Fluorescence imaging, qPCR).
- Experience with protein expression in human/mammalian systems is required.
- Paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K Match
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.