Research Associate II, In Vitro Pharmacology
Responsibilities of the Research Associate II, In Vitro Pharmacology:
- Develop, validate, and implement assays for lead characterization assays while meeting project timelines.
- Communicate effectively and with scientific rigor across all levels ranging from assay development, over HTS, automation, to Chemical Biology informatics and Medicinal Chemistry to ensure smooth assay implementation.
- Analyze assay data and capture assay development protocols and experimental results in electronic databases.
- Take part in evaluation of new technologies, reagents, and assay procedures.
- Ensure that assay development meets critical project timelines and needs.
- Advise others on technical issues relevant to areas of expertise.
- Other related tasks as necessitated by the position.
Requirements of the Research Associate II, In Vitro Pharmacology:
- MS in biology or a related field with >1 year experience in drug discovery, assay development and automation, and compound profiling.
- Besides excellent cell culture skills, experience with a broad range of assay technologies for cell-based and biochemical applications is required, as is the ability to work as part of a multifunctional team.
- Familiar with assays including AlphaLISA, immunofluorescence microscopy, DNA and RNA extraction, CRISPR-seq, TaqMan rt-qPCR and western blotting.
- Familiar with liquid handling robotics including Cellario and Labcyte Echo.
- Familiar with data analysis software Harmony, GeneData and PRISM graphpad.
- Paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K Match
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.