Research Associate, Molecular Biology
- Purify RNA and other nucleic acids.
- Prepare solutions, buffers, and other components experiments.
- Perform detection assays and high throughput sequencing.
- Assist in the development of new molecular biology assays, specific to single cell sequencing.
- Process and prepare RNA libraries for sequencing and illumine platforms.
- Respond quickly to changing priorities and handle multiple projects.
- Clearly and accurately present data in department meetings.
Requirements of the Research Associate, Molecular Biology:
- BS/MS in life science related discipline with 1+ year laboratory experience, preferably in molecular biology environment.
- Hands-on experience with nucleic acid characterization, such as electrophoresis, microplate-based assay, qPCR, RT-PCR.
- Previous experience with high throughput sequencing technology, Illumina, and/or NGS is highly preferred.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture.
- Comfortable working in small team environment and working cross functionally on multiple projects.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.