Research Associate, Molecular Cloning
Responsibilities of the Research Associate, Molecular Cloning:
- Construct and validate gene and plasmid constructs.
- Express metabolic pathways in microbial systems.
- Test expression and activity of enzymes in a variety of assays.
- Ferment bacterial cultures.
- Perform analytical assays to identify and quantify metabolites.
- Work as part of a scientific team to implement experimental plans.
- Assist with regular assigned laboratory maintenance duties.
Requirements of the Research Associate, Molecular Cloning:
- B.S. or M.S. in Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or similar discipline with two years or more academic/industrial research experience.
- Hands-on experience in genetic engineering tools, including plasmid construction.
- Experience in metabolic pathway design and multi-gene assembly a plus.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.