Research Associate, Protein Characterization
- Assist with transfection, characterization and expression of viral vectors and proteins.
- Maintain mammalian cell lines to be utilized in various assays.
- Perform established cell-based assays.
- Produce proteins via column chromatography.
- Prepare reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analysis, ensuring experiments are well documented in lab note book.
- Work in a cross functioning team environment.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Requirements of the Research Associate, Protein Characterization:
- BS/MS with 1+ years laboratory experience.
- Must have displayed experience with mammalian cell culture and expression of proteins or AAVs.
- Protein purification analysis.
- Experience expanding cell lines, harvesting, and freezing.
- Experience with AAV or other viral vector expressions is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated skills in cell line transfection/transduction is a plus.
- Previous experience working in a GMP environment is a plus.
- Must be ok working in a small startup environment.
- Paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K Match
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.