Research Associate – Protein Sciences
Responsibilities of the Research Associate – Protein Sciences:
- The candidate will carry out protein expression and purification including construct design and protein engineering.
- Responsible for biochemical and biophysical assay development.
- Characterization of proteins and multiprotein complexes for both quality and function.
- Assessment of ligand binding using biophysical approaches (e.g. NMR, SPR, ITC, AUC, DSF).
- The candidate will be expected to participate in experimental design, independently conduct experiments, and communicate results in a team setting.
Requirements of the Research Associate – Protein Sciences:
- BS or MS in biochemistry, biological chemistry, or related discipline and a minimum of 2 years related laboratory experience in an academic or industrial drug discovery setting in a role providing in vitro support to project teams with a strong emphasis on biochemical and biophysical assay development.
- Proven expertise in biochemical and biophysical assay development (HTRF, FRET, DSF, SPR, ITC, or FP), focused screening, and LMW hit validation.
- Experience with compound screening formats, laboratory instrumentation and automation, and data analysis and management.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.