Research Associate/Senior Research Associate (NGS)
Position located in Waltham, MA
Responsibilities of the RA/Sr. RA (NGS):
- Help develop innovative approaches to construct sequencing libraries from challenging sample types.
- Optimize and improve existing library prep methods to enhance performance.
- Perform library quality control checks and next-generation sequencing runs.
- Use bioinformatics tools to analyze and interpret sequencing data from research projects.
- Accurately record experimental work, results and conclusions in electronic lab notebooks.
- Present research progress and outcomes at team meetings.
- Stay up-to-date with advances in next-generation sequencing technologies and applications.
Requirements of the RA/Sr. RA (NGS):
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience with next-generation sequencing library preparation methods.
- Proficiency with standard molecular biology and recombinant DNA techniques like DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, cloning and DNA quantification methods.
- Strong organizational, documentation and communication skills.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.