Research Associate, Vector Manufacturing
Responsibilities of the Research Associate, Vector Manufacturing:
- Execute downstream purification technologies related to rAAV purification using chromatography (affinity and ion-exchange) and filtration processes including microfiltration, depth filtration, tangential flow filtration, and sterile filtration.
- Maintain cell growth, transfection, and infection of mammalian and insect cells for rAAV manufacturing.
- Assist in the production of preclinical and clinical materials in a laboratory or GMP cleanroom settings.
- Compile experimental data with minimal oversight and contribute results for publications or reports.
- Assist in the technical transfer of processes into a GMP manufacturing setting.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date records of laboratory activities via electronic documentation.
- Interface with other departments (Quality Control, Process Development, Programs, etc.) as necessary.
Requirements of the Research Associate, Vector Manufacturing:
- BS in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, or related discipline.
- 1-3 years of related work experience. Prefer experience from a biotech or pharma setting related to biological manufacturing.
- Technical proficiency required for aspects of cell line growth and production of biological products.
- Must have strong attention to detail with ability to effectively plan.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.