Responsibilities of the Research Scientist:
- The research scientist will work closely with project PIs, project coordinators, senior scientists, and trainees to ensure the success of the project and will prepare and present data and progress reports in joint team meetings and to funding agencies.
- This position requires a strong scientific background, exceptional written and oral communication skills, adaptability, professional maturity and outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills.
- The contributions of this individual will be recognized on an institutional and international level, through retreat and conference presentations and publications, and as such affords significant growth potential.
Requirements of the Research Scientist:
- Ph.D. or foreign equivalent in Biomedical/Bioengineering/Cell and Molecular Biology or related fields.
- A minimum of two years postdoctoral training with relevant experience in bioengineering or biological research laboratory.
- Experience developing and/or applying disease/cellular/in vivo models.
- First hand experience in small animal survival surgeries, cellular assay development, in vivo evaluation of gene-based or small molecule therapeutics and genomics.
- First hand experience with or strong knowledge of protein biochemistry, high-throughput screening, genomic sequencing, CRISPR genome editing, viral vectors, and/or shRNA/miRNA based silencing.
- Tissue and cell processing experience (cell dissociation, FACS, immunostaining, in situ hybridization, microscopy, DNA/RNA/protein isolation.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.