Scientific Data Analyst
Responsibilities of the Scientific Data Analyst:
- Conduct scientific literature searches and patent & business information searches.
- Gather, analyze and interpret data from internal and external information sources; present findings and relevant insights to stakeholders.
- Organize, prepare and deliver targeted results from multiple information sources in visualized formats using tools or platforms like SpotFire/Tableau/Pipeline Pilot.
- Interface with internal clients to determine research requirements and represent scientific expertise at the inter-departmental level.
- Evaluate and recommend new information sources that might enhance the team’s strategy.
- Support strategic development of the departmental strategy and broader organizational initiatives.
Requirements of the Scientific Data Analyst:
- BS/MS in life science related discipline.
- MLS / MLIS preferred.
- 3+ years preparing and presenting information analysis.
- Proficient in information science/data science principles and techniques.
- Experience working within therapeutic project teams, supporting expert search activities and information monitoring.
- Experience with SpotFire/Tableau/Pipeline Pilot, and research techniques to support information monitoring, research, delivery and visualization.
- Ability to create complex data queries.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting large data sets.
- A knowledge of machine learning approaches, such as data mining, predictive analytics.
- Ability to travel regularly by car to the client sites in the greater Boston area.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.