Scientific Sales Specialist
Responsibilities of the Scientific Sales Specialist:
- Effectively represent the company’s genomics sequencing and proteomics service portfolio to research customers in academic, industry and government accounts. Be directly responsible for achieving designated territory/account revenue targets.
- Perform lead qualification, project consultation, quotation, and contract execution with customer accounts.
- Perform lead follow up, maintain and improve a healthy business pipeline. Lead troubleshooting whenever necessary to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Work with sales leadership to develop and implement sales strategies/tactics for territory business.
- Meet quarterly and annual sales targets with budgeted resources.
- Implement consultative selling approach to understand customer’s research goals and project demand.
Requirements of the Scientific Sales Specialist:
- BS in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, bioinformatics or equivalent science degree.
- 1-5 years of demonstrated, successful sales and account management experience preferably to life science research and industrial customers is preferred.
- Proficiency in selling genomics, metabolomics, and/or other services or products is preferred.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.