Responsibilities of the Scientist, Autoimmunity:
- Independently propose, design and execute in vitro and in vivo studies to demonstrate proof-of-concept in pre-clinical models of allergy and autoimmune disease.
- Develop and execute assays to validate targets and screen lead candidates.
- Develop SOPs and train others in research techniques.
- Oversee early-stage research in preclinical animal models.
- Present findings to management and multidisciplinary group.
Requirements of the Scientist, Autoimmunity:
- PhD in Immunology, and a minimum of two+ years of postdoctoral experience; allergy or autoimmune disease focus preferred.
- Deep knowledge of B cell biology and of mechanism of action of allergic / autoimmune diseases.
- Hands-on experience in isolation and expansion of primary immune cells (mouse and human) and mouse models of allergy / autoimmune diseases.
- Expertise in tissue culture, serum-based assays, and in standard immunoassays including, multi-color flow cytometry, intracellular cytokine staining, ELISpot, proliferation and cytotoxicity assays.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.