Located in Cambridge, MA
Responsibilities of the Scientist-Bioinformatics:
- Responsible for formulating scientific questions into coherent analytical efforts, developing rigorous statistical modeling and bioinformatics methods, integrating large scale multi-modal datasets to derive quantitative biological insights, and communicating scientific findings to project teams.
- Benchmark new tools for RNA-seq and single-cell RNA-seq data analysis and propose improvements.
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of innovative computational approaches for the analysis of large sequence datasets from NGS technologies.
- Participate in collaboration with external and internal researchers on the analyses of NGS data;
- Interpret and present the results of the computational and statistical analyses to collaborators and co-workers.
Requirements of the Scientist-Bioinformatics:
- MS/Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or a related field, with at least 2 years industry experience.
- Proven expertise in single-cell RNA sequencing (RNAseq) with a track record of handling and analyzing large-scale datasets.
- Strong programming skills in various computer languages and experience with database management.
- Experience with machine learning approaches and their application to biological problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with experience leading teams and managing stakeholders.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.