Scientist, Cellular & Molecular Biology
Responsibilities of the Scientist, Cellular & Molecular Biology:
- Develop assays to facilitate testing experimental hypotheses.
- Form and test hypotheses using cultured cells employing a variety of cellular and molecular readouts.
- Independently execute studies, analyze data, share the conclusions and propose follow up experiments.
- Identify implementation risks inherent in the experimental approaches and propose alternative strategies.
- Maintain familiarity with relevant literature.
- Design and clone novel DNA constructs using state-of-the-art cloning strategies.
- Explore viral or non-viral delivery strategies for our therapeutic constructs.
- Examine data and prepare technical reports, summaries, and present at team meetings.
- Draft and review Protocols and SOPs.
Requirements of the Scientist, Cellular & Molecular Biology:
- PhD in Life sciences with 2+ years of industry or academic (postdoc) experience with a strong publication record.
- Significant experience (2-3+ years) using molecular cloning techniques.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with molecular cloning and DNA plasmid design, nucleic acid isolation, PCR, qPCR and molecular detection techniques.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.