Scientist, Computational Biology
Responsibilities of the Scientist, Computational Biology:
- Run established single-cell RNAseq pre-processing pipelines in google cloud
- Run and refine downstream analysis for in-house and public single-cell RNAseq which includes normalization, dimension reduction, cell annotation, differential expression, gene module discovery, ligand-receptor interaction analysis, etc
- Read literature to find new angles and methods to analyze the single-cell data
- Troubleshoot and employ statistical machine learning methods to analyze single-cell data and keep digital notebooks (Rmarkdown or Jupyter notebook) for reproducible research
- Present findings at group and company meetings communicate with the biology team and incorporate their feedback to analyze the data
Requirements of the Scientist, Computational Biology:
- Ph.D. in computational biology, bioinformatics, or related fields.
- Good knowledge of immunology is a plus but not required
- Familiar with UNIX command-line. Cloud computing experience is not required, the experience of working with High performance computing cluster (HPC) is helpful
- Fluent in either Python or R programming languages
- Good understanding of the routine single-cell RNAseq analysis workflow.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.