Scientist, Computational Biology
Responsibilities of the Scientist, Computational Biology:
- Direct computational analysis and development of algorithms to support research and development projects.
- Setup infrastructure, develop pipelines and deploy tools for analysis.
- Work closely with researchers in the development of algorithms for predicting immune responses.
- Develop internal tool sets for lab automation and information management.
- Prepare and present data and results.
Requirements of the Scientist, Computational Biology:
- PhD in Computational Biology/Bioinformatics or equivalent, preferably with 2 years of postdoc and/or industry experience.
- Experience in the application of machine learning to biological data.
- Expert with Python/R/Bash scripting.
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL, Linux and AWS tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in database management.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.