Scientist, Downstream Process Development
- Execute experiments to support downstream purification processes for recombinant therapeutic proteins.
- Operate AKTA chromatography systems and other filtration systems at lab- and pilot-scale, as well as preparation of buffers and solutions.
- Utilize protein purification such as column chromatography, filtration and UFDF.
- Interface with USP and assist in cell culture when necessary.
- Work with partnered CRO/CDMOs for tech transfer.
- Aid in IND filings and other regulatory documentation.
Requirements of the Scientist, Downstream Process Development:
- BS/MS with 7+ years’ protein purification/downstream experience or Ph.D with 4+ years’ experience.
- Must have strong background in protein purification, ideally with antibodies or recombinant proteins.
- Candidates with downstream process development experience in industry setting will be given preference.
- Working knowledge of chromatography systems, preferably AKTA.
- Must be ok working in start up environment.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.