Scientist, Extraction Chemistry
Responsibilities of the Scientist, Extraction Chemistry:
- Lead the development of multiple biomarker extraction workflows as part of a novel NGS-based assay for cancer early detection.
- Drive the experiment design, analysis and interpretation on key projects
- Communicate findings to the broader management team.
- Advise and mentor junior staff in the development of successful workflow designs, writing, troubleshooting and execution of SOPs.
- Aid in developing and maintaining a long-term biobank storage and stability plan for a variety of human archived samples and analytes.
- Be the knowledge expert on extraction chemistry.
Requirements of the Scientist, Extraction Chemistry:
- PhD or equivalent in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Chemistry.
- 1-5 years of biotechnology industry experience or greater. Level commensurate with experience.
- Significant hands-on experience with bioanalyte extraction from different human sample matrices.
- Project leadership experience troubleshooting and developing extraction workflows and/or protocols.
- Self-starter who can operate with minimal supervision.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.